Living-learning communities offer opportunities for students with common interests to live together and share learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom. Students connect with their studies on a deeper level and create lasting friendships with classmates and faculty.
Richmond also is committed to ensuring that students of color take advantage of a wide range of educational opportunities. For example, African-American students (23%) are more likely to reside in living-learning communities than all students (18%). Read more.
Living-learning course takes an interdisciplinary look at disasters and memory
Partnering with local organizations shifts senior's perspective from global to local
A lifelong knitter, Emily Whitted packed away her needles when she came to Richmond - until a professor encouraged her to reconsider
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
A yearlong SSIR, two internships, and a summer of research on modern-day slavery helped focus Remi Pomaranski's interests in human rights
A Jepson professor is spending the summer in the Bolivian Amazon to study leadership and assist with flood relief efforts. His trip includes a short stop in the Peruvian Amazon to meet with Richmond students.
The artist and record-setting swimmer is using her sophomore year to explore and hone her interests.
Two friends with an interest in microfinance set out to research the issues in India
Business administration and finance major returns to Vancouver's Downtown Eastside to work for Mission Possible
Molly Rossi, '16, tells the story of her SSIR program exploring the ideas and intersections of work, life and fulfillment
- Sophomore Scholars Welcome Back PicnicAug214:30 PM - 6:30 PMA beginning of the year kick-off picnic for students, faculty and staff participating in the Sophomore Scholars in... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Interest SessionNov077:00 PM - 10:00 PMStudents are encouraged to attend one of our interest sessions in the first-year residence halls to learn more about the... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Interest SessionNov097:00 PM - 10:00 PMStudents are encouraged to attend one of our interest sessions in the first-year residence halls to learn more about the... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Information FairNov147:00 PM - 9:00 PMStudents are encouraged to come to this interest session to learn more about the Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR)... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Application DeadlineFeb01All DayApplications to participate in a Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR) community for the 2017–18 are due February... Continue reading