Living-learning communities offer opportunities for students with common interests to live together and share learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom. Students connect with their studies on a deeper level and create lasting friendships with classmates and faculty.
Senior learns the inner workings of wildlife conservation through an internship with Conserve Wildlife Foundation
Living-learning course takes an interdisciplinary look at disasters and memory
Partnering with local organizations shifts senior's perspective from global to local
A lifelong knitter, Emily Whitted packed away her needles when she came to Richmond - until a professor encouraged her to reconsider
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
A yearlong SSIR, two internships, and a summer of research on modern-day slavery helped focus Remi Pomaranski's interests in human rights
A Jepson professor is spending the summer in the Bolivian Amazon to study leadership and assist with flood relief efforts. His trip includes a short stop in the Peruvian Amazon to meet with Richmond students.
The artist and record-setting swimmer is using her sophomore year to explore and hone her interests.
Two friends with an interest in microfinance set out to research the issues in India
Business administration and finance major returns to Vancouver's Downtown Eastside to work for Mission Possible
- Weinstein Rosenthal Forum on Faith, Ethics, and Global Society: Dr. Paul FarmerSep287:00 PM - 8:30 PMJoin us for an important conversation with Dr. Paul Farmer as we explore the intersection of health care, faith, and... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Interest SessionNov077:00 PM - 10:00 PMStudents are encouraged to attend one of our interest sessions in the first-year residence halls to learn more about the... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Interest SessionNov097:00 PM - 10:00 PMStudents are encouraged to attend one of our interest sessions in the first-year residence halls to learn more about the... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Information FairNov147:00 PM - 9:00 PMStudents are encouraged to come to this interest session to learn more about the Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR)... Continue reading
- Sophomore Scholars and Living-Learning Application DeadlineFeb01All DayApplications to participate in a Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR) community for the 2017–18 are due February... Continue reading