Students will travel to Havana, Cuba where they will experience firsthand what they learn in the fall semester.
Week of January 4, 2016
While in Havana, students will:
- Attend salsa dance classes
- Tour the Afro Cuban Museum
- Visit the Museum of Dance
- Tale a bus tour of Havana
- Visit Callejon de Hammel
- Attend the National Ballet of Cuba
- Visit Pinar del Rios and Vinales Valley
- Conduct interviews with local musicians, dancers
- (Tentative) Attend a show at LaTropicana
In January 2012, students in both Salsa Meets Jazz and History of Dance traveled to Havana, Cuba.
In 2011, students travelled to San Juan, Puerto Rico to see the transformation of Afro-Cuban music and American jazz into Latin jazz and salsa firsthand.