Student Co-Curricular Academic Initiatives Committee
The Student Co-Curricular Academic Initiatives Committee is an advisory committee to the University Faculty Senate. The Student Co-curricular Academic Initiatives Committee exercises power delegated to the faculty in Art. I.B.1, I.C.1, and I.C.4 of the Senate Charter.
- To advise and recommend to the Senate the academic programs associated with living-learning communities (LLC), Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR), Roadmap and other similar cross-school student-focused academic experiential programs as deemed necessary by the committee. This includes, but is not limited to: course application process, course proposal review, assessment of learning outcomes, compensation review, and satisfaction of students, faculty, and staff.
- To provide guidance and recommendations to the program director on the selection and rotation of faculty participants in the programs;
- To participate in academic co-curricular program reviews, when needed; and
- To consult with the Student Development Committee on matters associated with student life that surface outside of the scope of these programs.
The membership of the Student Co-curricular Academic Initiatives Committee consists of four faculty members from A&S; two faculty members from RSB; one faculty member each from JSLS, Law, and SPCS; the Deans of Richmond and Westhampton Colleges (or their designees; ex officio); the Director of Living Learning and Roadmap (ex officio); the Provost (or his/her designee; ex officio); the Wellness Coordinator (ex officio); and four students (two from A&S and one each from RSB and JSLS—with representation from Richmond and Westhampton Academic Affairs Committees among these students).
Voting Membership: The voting membership of the Student Co-curricular Academic Initiatives Committee consists of four faculty members from A&S; two faculty members from RSB; one faculty member each from JSLS, Law, and SPC
2016–17 Committee Membership
Chair: Rick Mayes (A&S, div. 1)
- Erik Craft (RSB)
- Jessie Fillerup (A&S, div 3)
- Christine Helms (A&S, div 2)
- Erik Johnson (RSB)
- Laura Kuti (SPCS)
- Rick Mayes (A&S, div. 1)
- Jonathan Stubbs (Law)
- Joe Troncale (A&S, div 4)
- Thad Williamson (JSLS)
- Joe Boehman (Dean of Richmond College)
- Tracy Cassalia (Wellness Coordinator)
- Mia Genoni (Dean of Westhampton College)
- Andrew Gurka (Director of Living-Learning & Roadmap Programs)
- Scott Johnson (Associate Provost for Student Academic Initiatives)
- Ryan Lerda (student, RSB)
- Evan McKay (student, A&S)
- Cynthia Mustafa (student, A&S)
- Emily Vogt (student, JSLS)